Relocate to San Diego - it offers awesome weather conditions and much more.
Nowadays you hear a lot about people moving “out” of California for various reasons such as the (A) high cost of living, (B) high taxation (C) high home prices.
With that said, the fact is… there is many a people moving to California. San Diego nicknamed “America’s Finest City” tends to be one of the favorite cities people chose to relocate to within all of California.
Below are some of the reasons as to why one chooses to move here:
(1) The reality is it’s a beautiful place to call home. San Diego is famous for its warm climate, beautiful parks, gardens, museums, art galleries and many miles of beach shoreline. Because of its great weather, on weekends there is a variety of outdoor activities one can choose from. Such as: to go biking, jogging, take a drive up to the mountains, enjoy the seaside cliffs, golfing, go to the beach, go surfing or hang-out at home and entertain your friends or family.
(2) San Diego is a city with one of the top ten best “year-round” climates and is one of the top two best summer climates in the USA. The summers are warm and dry and winters are mild. For the most part, the climate is mild all year around. So if one does not like severe cold or cold winters in general - this is exactly why San Diego is a favorite choice for relocation.
(3) Dining out: There are plenty of wonderful places with an exceptionally large variety of ethnic cuisine choices. There is plenty of waterfront restaurants to choose from. Nearly every restaurant/bar carries a selection of local beers from the Micro-breweries that are located here in San Diego, so you might want to take-in a dinner at one of these places as well.
(4) If you have children or relatives who visit you quite often, they will surely enjoy what San Diego has to offer. There’s the Zoo, Lego-land, Sea World, Old Town, horse racing at Del Mar, whale watching, 3-professional sports teams (Padres baseball, Chargers football & Gulls ice hockey), great golf courses and as mentioned before there is the beaches, parks and museums. Balboa Park is centrally located and it is rumored that it is larger than Central Park in New York City. There are farmers markets throughout various communities and many wine and beer tasting businesses scattered throughout all the county.
(5) In regards to employment opportunities, the spectrum of choices is huge. There is high tech, medical, biotech, government, tourism, healthcare, law enforcement, military, sciences, engineering, the real estate industry and many more.
(6) For higher education there are 4-major Universities… San Diego State University (SDSU), University of San Diego (USD), California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) and University of California at San Diego (UCSD).
(7) In regards to housing, San Diego offers many affordable 55+ of age communities, there is new home developments, historic homes, farm homes, luxury homes, beach & bay homes and a large variety of homes for the 1st time buyer group as well.
(8) Oh and did I mention that there is a great Realtor® in San Diego that you may want to get to know? His name is Oscar Castillo.
** If your goal is to purchase or sell a home in the greater San Diego area, feel free to contact me anytime. My experience tells me that you may have a question or two.... if by chance you do, always know that I will certainly make it a point to make myself available for you. I can answer your questions in a matter of minutes and it would be my pleasure to do so.
Oscar Castillo : BROKER - REALTOR®